While downloading the Norton setup users encounter this error if there is another security product installed or you end up unsuccessful install if upgrading to a newer version. Here are the steps to fix error “8504, 104”.
Steps 1: Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
Before running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, uninstall the product of Norton family first.
- Then download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
Save the file to the Windows desktop or at any convenient location. The file is automatically saved to its default location on some browser.
- Press the Ctrl + J key to open the Downloads window in your browser.
- Double-click the NRnR icon.
- Click Agree to accept the License agreement after reading it.
- Click Advanced Options and then Remove Only.
- Click Remove and then Restart Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton after the computer restarts.
Step 2: If there is any non-Symantec security product, uninstall it
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Type in the cpl text and press Enter.
- Select the non-Symantec security product in the list of currently installed programs, and then click Uninstall or Remove.
- Abide by the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer when the uninstall process completes.
Step 3: Update the Video graphics driver
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Type in the msc text in run box and hit Enter key on keyboard.
- Double-click on Display adapters in the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on the HD graphics card, and select Properties.
- Check whether the graphics card driver is current or outdated on the Driver tab.
- If the driver is outdated, you need to update the download and install the latest version of the graphics card driver.
- Choose your graphics card manufacturer:
- AMD/ATI Radeon HD video graphics
- Intel HD video graphics
- NVIDIA graphics
- Restart the computer and check if the issue is fixed.
How to Fix problems while downloading Norton product?
If download did not complete or you encounter any error while Norton installation, try to download the product again from the Norton account.
- Download Norton product.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your Norton account if you are not signed in already. Enter your email address and password for Norton, and click Sign In.
- Click Download Norton in the Norton Setup window.
- Click Agree & Download.
- If you install a wrong product, you may see the message “Trial period expired”. So make sure that you have active subscription for downloading Norton.
- Click Enter a new product key to continue if you have a product key that is not registered yet to your account.
- Enter the product key and click >.
- Depending on your browser, do either of the following:
- Click Run for Internet Explorer.
- To view the downloaded files on Firefox or Safari, click the Download option on the top-right corner of the browser and click the file that you downloaded.
- Chrome users need to see on the bottom-left corner on the opened window then click the file that they have downloaded.
- Click Continue when the User Account Control window appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and your Norton product will be installed and activated.
For any further assistance, please visit the Norton website www.norton.com/setup
Robert Coleman, a creative person who has been studying and writing the blogs and the articles on the latest technologies to make awareness about these among the readers. He has been writing about the latest updates and the errors of Norton antivirus. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines.